Die processing methods are various. Now let's analyze the knowledge of EDM methods. EDM mainly uses the phenomenon of electrical corrosion when pulse spark discharges occur between tools and workpieces to remove excess metals, so as to achieve the size, shape and surface quality required by the technical requirements of parts.
1. die EDM processing method must meet three conditions:
The gap between tool electrode and workpiece surface must be maintained. Therefore, the automatic feed and adjustment device of tool electrode must be provided in EDM.
The spark discharge must be instantaneous impulse discharge. For this purpose, pulse power must be used in EDM.
Spark discharge must be carried out in a liquid medium with certain insulating properties.
2. Factors affecting the rate of erosion in EDM: electrical regulation, polarity effect, thermal constants of metal materials, working fluid and chip removal conditions.
3. The factors affecting the accuracy of EDM are various errors of machine tool itself, manufacturing accuracy of tool electrodes, positioning and installation errors of workpieces and electrodes, size and consistency of discharge gap, loss of workpiece electrodes and their processing stability.
4. Electrode material requirements of EDM: low loss, stable processing, high productivity, good machinability, low price. Common materials: copper, graphite, cast iron, steel, brass, tungsten alloy and silver tungsten alloy. Structural forms: (1) integrated electrodes II.
5. The method of EDM machining cavity die: 1. Single-electrode translation method; 2. Multi-electrode replacement method; 3. Decomposition electrode method.